« Home | Pity Liberal Candidates In Saskatchewan During Nex... » | Sandra Buckler Resigns As Harper's Director Of Com... » | Conrad Black MUST Be Stripped Of His Order Of Cana... » | Bernardo Needs To Come Clean On ALL His Crimes » | Conrad Black Loses Appeal - Conviction Confirmed! » | Two Joan Beatty Stories Today: -Byelection in her ... » | Veteran Conservative (Reform) MP Advises Colleague... » | Saskatchewan's New Right Wing Premier Desperately ... » | Angry Harper THREATENS Supporters Of Canadian Whea... » | Today Is National Aboriginal Day - June 21st!! » 

Friday, June 27, 2008 

Amy Winehouse - 'Rebel Without A Clue'

I feel badly for Amy Winehouse. She is well down the road that some very talented artists go when they burn the candle at both ends.

Throughout the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's we watched great talents like James Dean, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and Kurt Cobain burn out and die while still in their twenties.

It would be unfortunate if the same thing should happen to Amy but she seems to be on a path of self destruction that is not going to change. Just released from hospital, she is right back at it. I hope that she proves me wrong.

Daily Mail


( three years later )

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Amy Winehouse Dead - July 23, 2011 ....
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"I’m tryin to make me go to rehab
I said no, no, no
Yes I been black, but when I come back
You wont know, know, know

I don’t ever wanna drink again
I just, ooo, I just need a friend
Im not gonna spend 10 weeks
Have everyone think im on the mend

It’s not just my pride
It’s just til these tears have dried

They’re tryin to make me go to rehab
I said no, no, no
Yes I been black, but when I come back,
You wont know, know, know

I aint got the time,
And if my daddy thinks im fine
He’s trying to make me go to rehab
I wont go, go, go."

Amy Winehouse
REHAB

That song just becomes more ironic all the time, doesn't it?

I hope she gets the help she needs.

I quite like Amy and want her to get some help. I takes some comfort in these words from her REHAB song which hints that she KNOWS what she has to do - but the addictions are just too powerful at this point ... "I’m trying to make ME go to rehab
I said no, no, no"

There is a 12 step recovery program whose 1st step states ...

"We admitted that we were POWERELESS over our addiction, that our lives had become unmanageable'.

That is usually a good place to start!

UPDATE:
6 weeks after the post above, the situation with Amy is getting worse. She was rushed to the hospital, again the other day and here is the official story:

You are seriously comparing talentless box of tricks Amy Whinehouse with Janice Joplin and James Dean?

I certainly don't compare her to the greats you mentioned in terms of her 'talent' .. (she is fairly talentless) ... no, the comparison only relates to her role in pop culture.

Talentless? Are you kidding? She was way more gifted than either than banshee Joplin or the bland brooding James Dean.

Either way, you like many others, foresaw her death in her 20s - though your Title was certainly condescending. Amy IS one of the greats of all time - even with her career's brevity she still made an indelible mark on music and culture that isn't going away.

Post a Comment



Follow leftdog on Twitter




About Me

Archives

BANNED FOR ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR

  • -Carmichael-
  • Things I Read

    • -Canadian Political Viewpoints-
    • -ZAG-
    • -Next Year Country-
    • -Huffington Post: Canada-
    • -LEFTIST JAB-
    • -Let Freedom Rain-
    • -Informed On Information-
    • -Wellington Post-NDP-
    • -Trapped In A Whirlpool-
    • -Larry Hubich's Blog-
    • -ROGERISM-
    • -Leftdog's Daily KOS Blog Page-
    • -RIDER PROPHET-
    • -Dipper Chick
    • -Ideagist -
    • -Al Barger's MORETHINGS.COM-
    • -Canadian Cynic-
    • Saskatchewan Progressive Bloggers
    • *NEW DEMOCRATIC PARTY*
    • My Zimbio
      Top Stories
    • Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    • Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites
      View blog authority
    • Display Pagerank
    • Canada's NDP
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates